this is a friendly reminder to people who don’t like otherkin that:
- a kintype is not a gender
- there are trans otherkin
- trans otherkin can have their gender and kintype affect each other
- the otherkin community has been around since the 70s. it isn’t a “tumblr thing”
- being otherkin can be a spiritual belief
- it can also be a coping mechanism for neurodivergent people!
- here is the wiki page
thank you goodbye
literally how does anyone not believe in aliens
are u really so anthropocentric that you think there are millions and billions and trillions of light years of the ever expanding universe but we’re the only life to possibly exist smh
Teenager from India invents device that can convert breath to speech
A high school student from India has invented a device that can convert a person’s breath into speech, to give millions of people around the world suffering from speech impediment a ‘voice’ for the first time.
Sixteen-year-old Arsh Shah Dilbagi has developed a new technology called ‘TALK’, which is a cheap and portable device to help people who are physically incapable of speaking express themselves. Right now, 1.4 percent of the world’s population has very limited or no speech, due to conditions such as Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), locked-in syndrome (LIS), Encephalopathy (SEM), Parkinson’s disease, and paralysis.
His name is Arsh Shah Dilbagi and he’s 16 years old. Gettin tired of sensationalized “mystery baby from a country where people are brown does a science thing!” articles. Use peoples names, don’t act so surprised when people of color are geniuses.
do you see a difference because i sure as hell don’t
T.V.’s Arin Hanson, Arin Hanson, and Store Brand Arin Hanson
Arin Hanson in the middle, the actor to play him in the documentary of his life on the left, and the guy who plays him in the porno on the right
Since Halloween is coming up soon, I figured I would try to make a small guide on how to tell if something is a jumpscare video or not. Please keep in mind that this isn’t 100% accurate, and the best thing to do is use your own judgement.
That said, usually a video contains a jumpscare if:
- It tells you to look closely or to turn the music up, or already has small/poor quality images and quiet music
- If it’s on Youtube, the comments and ratings will either have poor reactions (ex. “wtf is wrong with you!!! that scared my (insert younger family member here)”) or be disabled.
- The most recently circulated one (a flashing/screaming image of Jeff the Killer) is a .swf file, so if you’re sent a suspicious link, hover over it. If it ends in .swf, it’s best to just not open it.
- The most popular jumpscares are “Relaxing Car Ride,” “Scary Maze,” “Subliminal Images and Music,” “Michael Jackson Ghost,” “Kikia,” and “Where’s Waldo?”
Also keep in mind that Youtube now enables automatically-repeating videos, meaning that some screamers may repeat themselves over and over until you close the window (in non-Youtube instances, the site may even make it to where you can’t close the window, meaning that you or someone else has to unplug your computer).
Someone messaged me recently about tinyurls, and how people have been using them to send people jumpscares. If you have a concern regarding a tinyurl, add preview. to the beginning of the url (including the period!) so that it will show you what the link leads to! for example, if the link was “tinyurl.com/6c8nryl”, you would type “preview.tinyurl.com/6c8nryl” (for those who are worried, the url leads to cuteroulette)
Again, stay safe!